This self-paced online Assessing Psychopathy using the Hare Scales PCL-R & PCL:SV training program was developed by Dr. Stephen Hart with Protect international (formally ProActive ReSolutions) and presented in partnership with ConCEPT Professional Training. Psychopathic personality disorder is an important risk factor for violence. Additionally, it has relevance for treatment and risk management. The Psychopathy Checklist Revised (PCL-R) is currently the best validated measure of psychopathy. The use of the PCL-R has become widespread across many agencies; it provides a standard methodology for assessing this important risk factor. In particular, emphasis is given to the clinical information derived from the instrument and how that information can be used in risk violence formulation. Using a variety of teaching modalities didactic, interactive and practical exercises, this program will introduce participants to the PCL-R. The main learning objectives are:
- Administer, score, and interpret the PCL-R
- Administer, score, and interpret the PCL:SV
- Describe the empirical and theoretical foundation for each of these forensic assessment instrument
- Learn principles of administration and interpretation, then build related skills by reviewing and discussing case studies.
- Describe the most effective ways to communicate their findings, both in writing and orally.